Highveld SARDA provides therapeutic riding to physically and mentally challenged children and young adults. They are a registered NPO (NPO 002-825) and rely solely on donations and their own fund raising efforts. Lessons are not charged for, if the parents can afford to make a donation that is wonderful, but the majority of the riders come from impoverished backgrounds and are unable to make a donation. The Centre is run by a Committee and is aided in the day to day running by 30 helpers who volunteer their time for free. The Centre employs a Stable Manager and two grooms to ensure the well being of the ten equine therapists. Two fully qualified Instructors conduct lessons Monday to Saturday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. Highveld SARDA needs more Instructors to cope with the six month waiting list that they currently have. Therapeutic riding can make such a difference to not only the individual requiring the therapy but to their family :
- a child sleeping through the night after the riding therapy
- seeing a child walk for the first time and their Doctor had said they probably never would
- seeing the joy of a child that is unable to walk on their own, riding and 'moving'
- a child that can now sit upright on a pony unaided that could not sit by herself when she first started riding
- improved muscle tone and co-ord
Highveld SARDA receives no Government aid nor regular sponsorship and are desperately in need of funding to enable them to continue to offer this very unique and very necessary therapy.
Contact this organisation
Know any organisations in ... ?
Are they community or charity organisations?
Get them listed on Give Back, free of charge.
And if you know of any other organisations in other areas besides which aim at improving society, you can get them listed as well.
Click on the link below to submit their details.